"My worn and dirty entryway looks like new and is so easy to keep clean."
--Mountain Lakes, NJ
"Damaged areas were replaced with matching wood, then stained to blend perfectly with the original floor."
"Pat was able to mix stains to get the color I needed."
"It took only two days to refinish. And the amount of lingering dust was minimal."
"Pat takes pride in this work. He cares."
"The finish is durable and the floors just look great."
Beautiful Wood Floors
Revitalize an old wood floor or install a new one to add beauty and value to your home or business.
Give your floors new life with a beautiful new finish. A refinished wood floor is beautiful, durable and easy to maintain. Wood is comfortable to walk on, making it ideal in kitchens, as well as family rooms and bedrooms. Today's polyurethane finishes protect wood floors from heavy foot traffic and spills. The natural visual warmth of wood is appealing and inviting.
- Sanding removes the old finish and a thin layer of the old flooring -- removing most scratches and stains in the process.
- Restoration and Repair
- Damaged wood is either repaired or replaced. Every effort is made to restore historical workmanship and materials.
- Optionally, a stain may be applied. The stain can help enhance the natural color of the wooden floor, or change it entirely.
- Floors are finished with two or three coats of oil-based polyurethane, depending on the type and condition of the wood.
Replace floors worn by age, abuse or poor quality with new wooden floors. Creative patterns, colors and insets add excitement to your floors.
- The entire floor -- and even the sub-floor -- can be removed.
- Traditional wood floors are made of maple, oak, cherry, walnut, pine and ash. Exotic and unique woods like Tobaccowood will give your floor a unique personality.
- Plank Flooring
- Standard plank floorboards are 2-1/4 inches wide. Experiment with wider boards, varying widths, and plugged or pegged plank.
- A visual perimeter of contrasting wood or elegant designs can encircle a room or a focal point. Borders add drama to the floor around the fireplace, pool table, dining area and kitchen.
- Large and small medallions (pictured on the right) are readily available, and add a unique personal touch to a room. Place a single medallion in a strategic spot on the floor, or line the stair steps to achieve a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.
Your new and newly refinished wooden floors are so easy to care for. Never wax them. Vacuum regularly and use a damp sponge mop to keep your floors looking their best.
Quality Service and Products
- Personal Service
- Pat Tromans provides personal service every step of the way, from the initial visit to the final application of finish. Every aspect of every job is done by Pat or under his supervision.
- An established wood-worker, Pat has been in the refinishing business since 1985, establishing Pat's Woodworks in 1990.
- Decade-long relationships with manufacturers of high-quality woods, stains and finishes ensure your floors' fine new looks will last.